Barbara Passmore <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:02:53 -0500
Thank you all for your messages.  I got an off-list message from a
Postmaster of the AOL Anti-spam Division this morning telling me that one of
the sets of error messages had been an AOL problem that had been remedied
yesterday, that being the last set:  RLY:51.

He also told me to call the number I had called before and tell them to make
a ticket about the URL bounces.  Unfortunately, the person I talked to when
I called was a Tier 1 person who gave me a case number and referred me to a
Tier 2 person.  I sent him a copy of one of the messages, and we were going
great guns when my cellphone faded.  There I was, having to start all over
again in the queue, etc.  Naturally, I could not get the same person. I was
told the request had to come from the Listserv mail administrator.  That's
as far as we got.

I believe the HVU:B1 (URL) situation has been dropped as I have not received
any error messages on the URL problem for more than 24 hours.

I doubt I have been whitelisted but at least the whole process is clearer to
me now.  I am afraid the university will not permit me to use the bottom
banner if I have to take it to them.

It is unfortunate that anyone can block a whole list, even though there are
some remedies

But for now, it apparently is okay.

And I appreciate all of your efforts as well as getting the message from the
AOL Postmaster.

Barbara Passmore