Dave Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 19:03:39 +0100
On Tue, Jun 29, 1999 at 01:39:22PM -0400, Frank FitzMaurice wrote:
> I find it a little interesting that these get sent to the poster. On my
> list, I have a different reply to address but I guess some mail systems
> don't see it or respond to it.

I am less than fond of out-of-office reply programs; many seem to be
dreadfully implemented, responding to the From: address (which LISTSERV
is prohibited from tampering with) or something equally antisocial.
Little thought is given to the inconvenience for the listowner, or the
rather more serious risk of mail loops.

If a subscriber does not either go nomail for the duration, or take the
trouble to ensure that list messages are not responded to, I will usually
remove them myself, with a request that they do it themselves in future.

Dave

--
----------------------------------- [log in to unmask]  Dave Wilson, HEA-NOC
HEAnet Limited, Marine House, Clanwilliam Court, Dublin 2  Tel: +353-1-662-3412