Kim Bayne <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 27 Aug 1994 18:40:09 MDT
To: [log in to unmask]

This past week I've received about a dozen subscription approval requests
from the listserv that use the same email address for each user. These
are all different users and at different companies. Somewhere there's
a glitch in the system and I don't know what it is. Somehow legitimate
email addresses are being read as user address 'would.'

Here are the two messages I keep seeing:

If you approve, send the following request to [log in to unmask]:

system HTMARCOM <password> would #SUBSCRIBE HTMARCOM JANE BARKER

where 'password' is the list's password, as given to you by the manager of
this system.