Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 08:24:09 -0400
At 05:25 9/19/2005 Monday, Michael Quinion wrote:
>But you have confirmed my view that this is one box it's better not to
>open. The idea of putting a formatted version on the Web site is a good
>alternative for those who really want a pretty version and it would be
>very easy to create using code based on the RSS output.

Depending on the RSS reader, the end-user may not easily view the summary, but only the full-text/image WEB page.  Any if I had a toggle for my RSS reader, I would turn OFF ifs ability to auto-load images in the summary.  These images, logos, graphics in the RSS stream have become intrusive / antithetical and a potential source of spam, when all I am trying to do is figure out whether to view the fully featured WEB page, to which the RSS article/item refers.

/Pete Weiss
curmudgeon emertitus