Tue, 6 Dec 1994 07:23:03 -0600
On Tue, 6 Dec 1994, Don Soucy wrote:

> Must depend on the version of PINE you are using.
> I use PINE 3.9 for UNIX to send/PUT files with only the PUT line.
> No problem.  (Worked with the previous UNIX version too.)

I have Pine 3.89 (UNIX) and it just flat won't work for deleting a file
from the filelist, though it works great for all other list management
tasks.  It could be a difference in how it is installed (over which I
have no control) as I have had accounts at various places, all with the
same version of a particular mailer, and the mailers have worked
differently at each place.  I guess the point is, know how your
mail system(s) work(s), as installed at your site, and be prepared to
switch to a mailer other than your favorite if it won't do what you
want it to do.  Whatever it takes to get the job done.  ;-)

Douglas
        Douglas Winship    Austin, Texas    [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner