"Nelson R. Pardee" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 15:29:04 -0500
On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, Francoise Becker wrote:

>On 1 Dec 2005 at 12:13, Nelson R. Pardee <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> But I'm still puzzled because, for example, I see failures
>> for one address every day all month, but it isn't deleted. So the Delay(5)
>> should catch the person regardless of the MAX(100).
>
>I'd have to see more details to diagnose that specific problem.

Be glad to do it. What is needed?

>However, you are to be congratulated for the low bounce rate you are
>experiencing. 2000 probe failures for a list that has 11,783
>subscribers... That's less than the average of 20%.

And I thought it was bad:-) I personally own an international list with
about 2000 subscribers and the probe failure rate appears to be about 1%.

>However, if specifically the *probe* processing is causing
>performance problems, you can change the Probe rate on the Auto-
>Delete= keyword so that fewer addresses get probed each day.
>
>If your site isn't running HPO, you should consider upgrading to HPO
>as well.

Our cpu utilization on the box averages less than 5%. This is by far our
most active large list (those that are larger are once a day distribution
lists). I wouldn't mind going to HPO, but I don't have a compelling case
to take to management, at least yet.