Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 6 May 1997 12:21:31 -0600
At 04:41 PM 5/6/97 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>When a subscribers posts a message to my list, they usually receive an
>ACK, which looks like:
>
>  Your message dated  Tue, 6 May 1997 15:54:56 +0100 with
>  subject "x" has been successfully distributed to the
>  FRIENDS list (91 recipients).
>
>There are over a thousand subscribers to the list, and around 200 are on
>NOMAIL. Where does the listserv get the 91 recipients figure from?

My bet is that you must have 700 or 800 on DIGEST.  The ack tells how many
received MAIL, not digests or nomails.  Actually, most of us find that ACK
is of little use today, and is of NO use if you default your subscribers to
REPRO, which most people seem to prefer.

dan

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus, 1534