"Lawrence B. York" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 23 May 1997 22:58:19 -0400
On 24 May 97 at 8:22, Eng-Leong wrote:

> UN Univ's Inst of advanced studies in tokyo is changing to Windows NT and
> Office 97 but I have a problem since a hidden " > " is added to my email
> when I use the "FORWARD" or "REPLY". This means that [log in to unmask]
> rejects any changes the header of my lists whenever I conveniently use the
> forward or reply icons. Listserv rejects it when copy and paste a header
> that I have got from a "REVIEW listname SHORT" response. I must use the
> contents from a "GET listname (HEADER" command.
>
> Any suggestions to solve my problem. ?

   Strictly from a mail client point of view, you could cut the
message received from LISTSERV via the GET listname (HEADER
command and paste in a new message, edit it for any changes you
wish to make and send it back to LISTSERV.  This does work with
most Windows based mail clients.  If you can't do that, perhaps
you could export the message from LISTSERV to a text file, edit
it and import it into a new message to LISTSERV.

Larry

Lawrence B. York
L-Soft International, Inc.