Fri, 29 Dec 1995 10:32:13 -0500
-- [ From: Huy Vu * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

I'm currently evaluating Listserv and have some questions:

1) I am attempting to create an announce type list where the editor (or
whomever I set up) must use the okay mechanism.  However I can't seem to do
it.  My test announcements get posted without me ever getting the ok request
.  Here's my header:  As you can see, as well as being the editor (I also
tried Editor= Owners), I am also the owner (but I'm not a client or
president of this club <g>).  Will this affect it?  If so, is there any way
around it so that the list can't get spoofed?

*
* This is the primary testing list
*
* Sender= "Vuman <[log in to unmask]>"
* Review= Owners          Subscription= Open               Send= Editor,Hold
* Notify= Yes             Reply-to= List,Respect           Files= No
* Stats= Normal,Private   Validate= Yes
* Notebook= Yes,C:\listserv\LISTS\PUBLIC,Monthly,Public
* Editor= [log in to unmask]
* Owner= [log in to unmask]
*

2) I also need some clarification on the Sender option.  Correct me if I am
wrong but doesn't the Sender option change it so that anyone receiving a
post will see "Vuman <[log in to unmask]>" in the From field their email?
Your documentation says that it expects to see the name and address of the
list, but doesn't say if it is checked anywhere and I didn't receive an
error message when I put the header back to the list.  Or do I have it
completely wrong?  Anyway, my posts show up as if I had sent it directly
(with Huy Vu in the From field) with no sign of "Vuman <[log in to unmask]
com>" anywhere in the post or header.

3) I also want to change the name of my NT Listserv server.  Can you tell me
what I will need to do?  I know at the very least, I will have to make some
changes with my ISP in terms of the DNS.  Can I just edit the Site.cfg and
reboot or do I have to reinstall?

Thanks in advance,

Huy Vu