"Holloway, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 12:57:37 -0500
I know this is an old one, but I was hoping for some new miraculous
breakthrough.  I use the Newsguy Usenet gateway for my list, and have to
approve and resend the posts made to the newsgroup.  I have to look them
over for approval till such time as I get an automoderator setup completed.
I've been using Pine.  My ISP, cursed be their name (Concentric), just
discontinued their shell access with absolutely no warning.  Despite the
fact that I dispise them, it's too much trouble to lose the addresses, so I
need a replacement for Pine's bounce command.  And no, Concentric does not
have IMAP, so that leaves out PC-Pine.  I have a linux box set up at home,
so I'm not totally without the ability to approve messages, but I need
something for my work system.

Unless there's been a breakthrough within the last six months, no POP mail
client will resend with the original sender's address showing up in the
LISTSERV From field.  I'm only aware of Pine and Elm being able to do that.
Has anything changed?  Has anyone found a way?

Thanks,
Mike Holloway