S Lamido <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 23:24:26 -0000
Well I bow to the experts. All I can say it say it must be the way all our lists are configured.
It must be something to do with the List serve admin which is a UK based company.
I have set up around 40 so far.
We tried the owner option and I am the owner on all as the aid. It just did not work.

I have just written a basic idiots guide in picture form just using the wizards which removes all the use of the codes which for most of the owners is just to complicated to understand.
I am still learning and have spent hours reading the manuals

Susanne
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ben Parker
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2004 11:11 PM
  Subject: Re: announce list owner - rejection

  On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 22:30:38 -0000, S Lamido
  <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

  >An owner cannot automatically post a message

  Not true for LISTSERV lists.

  >You need to make yourself an editor

  Not necessary for LISTSERV lists.

  >Also suggest you set the reply to= to your email address and not just to sender

  That is exactly what Reply-To= Sender does.  It sets the Reply-To: address to
  the same as whatever address is in From:  Only if you want a specific address
  always to be the Reply-To: regardless of what the From: is should you set

   Reply-To= [log in to unmask]