"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 16 Mar 1994 07:45:00 EST
>I sent the delivery error below to my subscriber asking him to contact his
>postmaster. The postmaster sent me the following message, which appears
>to complain about my Filter= setting in my header. I have my filter set
>as
>        Filter= Also,postmaster@*,postmstr*@*,emailadmin@*

>This setting was recommended in listown-l to avoid mail loops generated by
>postmasters.

>I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO.

DON'T PANIC!!

       *********
     *******
>From-warning: From: header was inserted by: mr.medcolpa.edu

>Report on your message to: [log in to unmask]
>Reason: Failed to transfer; communications failure (0)

Based upon what I think I am reading, the FILTERS worked as they
were supposed to: you don't want either postmasters or mail failure
messages being posted BACK to the list, which would then possibly
generate yet another mail message to the errant account, which
would generate YET ANOTHER bounce message back to the list ... .

I'm not sure why their system is inserting a FROM: by mr.medcolpa.edu.

/Pete ([log in to unmask])  --  co-owner  INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L,  et -L
--
Peter M. Weiss         "The 'NET' never naps"             +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg. -- Penn State Univ -- University Park, PA 16802-1202 USA