Wed, 22 Feb 1995 15:28:26 -0600
If this is available I've either missed it or forgotten it, in which
case just point me in the right direction.  If one does a listwide
set  ( QUIET SET listname whatever FOR *@* ) one gets back a report
listing all the addresses affected.  If one happens to do two sets,
in quick succession, maybe both in the same message, one gets all of
it twice.  If the list is in the thousands range this can really
play havoc with one's mailbox and generate unpleasant notes from
administrators about clearing out the backlog.

Question is, is there an option to include in the command which
will prevent the full report and LISTSERV  sends only a brief
"mission accomplished" message?  Have I missed something, somewhere?

If there is not currently such an option I think it would be a nice,
useful addition.

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L