Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 08:32:47 -0400
At 02:44 09/16/2000 Saturday, Ben Parker wrote:
>On Fri, 15 Sep 2000 19:05:54 -0400, Michael Hensley <[log in to unmask]>
>wrote:
>
>>We would like to the latest edition of our publications to new subscribers,
>>however I can't find a way to have ListServ send to subscribers based on
>>subscription date via mail merge, or any other way for that matter.

>THe Subscription date is not accessible to any use or querying, especially not
>as a conditional for a mail-merge.

list-header

* DEFAULT-OPTIONS= DIGEST

Have instructions in WELCOME file or bottom_banner to set options to individual emails if appropriate e.g.,

SET listname MAIL

Either they will get a daily (?) digest if they do nothing; or if they SET their SUB to MAIL, then a DIGEST will be "cut" immediately.

Alternatively, provide new subscribers with the instructions to SEARCH e.g.,

S * IN listname SINCE TODAY

 or int'f to the WEB archives.

/Pete Weiss @ Penn State
End Reply