Barak Moshe <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 17:02:07 +0200
> If by filelist and AFD/FUI you mean something with an email-only
> interface, I don't think that's exactly what Barak meant.  I think he
> meant something more like a Web interface for a filelist.  (And even
> if that isn't what he meant, I think it would be a great thing to
> have.  ;-)   )

I meant, to have the attachment stored in the archive, as is the case now, so
it can be viewed via the web interface, BUT not send the attachment itself to
the list members. Another way of looking on this is have the following
sequence:
1. set all list members to NOMAIL
2. send the mail with attachment to the list
3. set all list members to MAIL (excluding those who were set to NOMAIL before
   step (1) above)

End result is that the attachment isn't sent to anyone, yet everyone allowed
can see it via the web interface. Especially good for my messages to some
10,000 students list (not the only list..), containing a word file of 50-100K
:-)

Best,
Moshe