Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 20 May 1997 02:08:57 GMT
On Tue, 20 May 1997 01:15:35 -0400, Karen Strauss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Does anyone know why my subscribers from AOL don't show up in the daily
>monitoring reports and don't auto delete even when AOL sends back a 550
>error (user unknown)?

Because the format of the AOL error messages is not one that LISTSERV can
automatically parse and 'understand' so it forwards it to the List Owner
for manual action.  There is a standard format for such messages but AOL in
their desire to do everything their own way does not use it, and, in spite
of several years of promises, has not yet changed.
 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]