Kevin Brunson <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 9 Feb 1995 21:58:49 EST
I'm new to the postmaster business so I made an error today that I would like
to avoid repeating.  A list had 67 messages on hold (19 subscribers) because
the threshold of 100 was exceeded [the instructor tried to use it for an
interactive class discussion :-(  ]  I FREEd the list so the 67*19 messages
swamped the mail system temporarily.

Q1  How could I determine the number of held messages?

Q2  Is there a way to feed them out gradually?

Q3  I take it that LISTSERV is not suitable for this--any suggestions?

 Earth Day every day,
                         Kevin

KEVIN D. BRUNSON  (219)631-8292  OFFICE OF UNIVERSITY COMPUTING
UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME, NOTRE DAME, INDIANA 46556

********    DISPLAY YOUR WIT AND SENSE OF HUMOR HERE   ******
<:-)           VM Programmer needed immediately          )-:<