"Margaret_A.King" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 18:27:00 EST
> How do I correct her name? (Note: she is not subscribed to her own list)
> Will updating the header with her name in parentheses after the owner
> address take care of it?

She may have used the Subscribe command instead of Add.  What generally
works here is for the owner to subscribe with her right name, and then
unsubscribe if she doesn't want to be subscribed.  Listserv seems to use
the name last used on a subscription - even one that has subsequently been
removed - rather than anything in the header.

After you get her name straightened out, you will need to make sure that
the person she was trying to add is actually on the list.  I have seen
cases in situations like this, where the would-be subscriber was getting
mail as a side-effect of the name problem and was not actually subscribed.

Margaret King ([log in to unmask])
Michigan State University