Aldo-Pier Solari <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 1 Dec 1994 15:00:05 GMT
]Robert Ponterio <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

]I also declined the "opportunity" to be interviewed by the author of
]the article (which I read)  since  it  seemed clear that he had very
]strong preconceptions about listowners and a definite agenda.

Dear Sir [et al.]

I believe that hidding is the best way to harm  *.manhours  of  hard
work,   honest   intentions   and   positive-productive  aspects  of
e-communications.

If any one has got  "strong preconceptions" on listowners, whatever,
the *only* way to set things clear & loud is an open  and  dialectic
debate.

I  do not believe in stereo-types, and less of all among journalists
(to whom -you Americans and  many  other peoples-) owe a great deal.
Thus, I think we should/could invite the journalists to this list as
I did invite them to FISH-ECOLOGY.   Let them know the conditions of
listowning, let them co-own some list for a while.

To those of you who "work for  your employers" and "do not run lists
for the people out  there"  I  would  like  to  say:  Take  off  the
Mercenary-hat,  Mr.s.  and respect your subscribers some more.  This
*IS*  for  "people-out-there"  and  e-communications  acquire  their
significance and role through the human dimensions of it.

    Aldo-Pier Solari (Listowner FISH-ECOLOGY).