Joan Korenman <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 25 Dec 1995 12:13:15 -0500
On Mon, 25 Dec 1995, Ann White wrote:

> I have another subscriber who cannot see her own sends...so she sends them
> over and over, thinking they are not getting through, until someone answers
> her.  How can we check her settings to make sure she receives her own
> letters back as posts to the group.

     To check a subscriber's settings, send your list's listserv a message
that says Q [listname] FOR [user@node].  You'll get back a listing of the
subscriber's current options.  The option you want for her is REPRO.
Subscribers set to REPRO get copies of their own postings to the list.  (In
fact, I've set the default on my list to REPRO after finding that many people
didn't understand or ignored the shorter acknowledgement that listserv sends
if the subscriber is set to ACK.)  To set the subscriber to REPRO, simple
send your list's listserv a message that says SET [listname] REPRO FOR
[user@node].

     Joan Korenman

*       Joan Korenman                 Internet: [log in to unmask]           *
*       U. of Md. Baltimore County                    or                    *
*       Baltimore, MD 21228-5398                [log in to unmask]     *
*    The only person to have everything done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe  *