Hal Keen <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 24 Jun 2020 11:39:22 -0500
 > The "customary response" is: train your list participants to trim
their message before sending.

With respect to training participants: My top banner includes reminders
of certain basic information about the way the list works, one appearing
each day on a rotating basis. I accomplish that using the &DAYSEQ
function (example below).

One of the reminders addresses the question. Here's how it appears. This
is working code from the TOP_BANNER spec:

.bb &DAYSEQ(20) = 12
Trim accumulated headers and footers when replying to the list.
.eb

It doesn't mean all the participants comply.

Regards,
Hal Keen