Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 20:06:06 -0400
>         I would not sugest having a list of subscribers publicly
> accessable on the WWW interface, even if it is only avalable for the lists
> that have review=public it gives spammers just one more place to get lists
> of ``known good'' addresses.  As for producing the welcome, there should
> be no problem with that.  But I do not know for sure.  I would think that
> was a standard feature.
>
>                                                         Jason Rasku

Once LISTSERV is able to restrict access to list information according
to the service area, it would be reasonable to have subscriber
information available via the web interface for those lists that are
Review=Service.  It would not be available to the Internet at large.
Our new CIO here has stated that he considers the ability of users to
easily see who's on the list to be an advantage of Exchange groups over
LISTSERV for internal lists.