Dan Bullock <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 18 Dec 1997 19:59:30 -0500
I'm running Listserv 1.8c on NT4.0 server.  I was running IIS3 and everything
was running fine.  I just installed the IIS4 upgrade, made no changes to
Listserv and a curious thing has happened. The web archive works when selecting
a particular archive but not when you do a search.

A search request returns the below error message in the browser:

Unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV. Error code was 5 ("Access is
denied.") The
server is probably not started.

What could be wrong?  Remember.. selecting a particular archive works.  So
WA.EXE can see the archive files.  In other words:

http://mysite.com/WA.EXE?A1=ind9712&L=mylist"  works ok
http://mysite.com/WA.EXE?S2=mylist&q=test"  does NOT work ok
http://mysite.com/WA.EXE?S1=mylist"  to even bring the search page up even works

Thanks for any help!  I need it!