"Bruce P. A. Dienes" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 11 May 1997 22:20:06 -0300
Anne,

One way of configuring a UseNet gateway to deal with this with zero admin
overhead is to make the newsgroup robo-moderated. Simply give the list
address as the moderator's address. Then all mail from the gateway goes to
the list. If the list is Send=Private, then only list member's posts will
get through. All others will generate a rejection notice. (In order to
avaoid confusion you should make regular posts to the newsgroup explaining
that in order to post you must be subscribed to the listserv list.)

We do this with Quaker-P and it works very well. Of course, you may have to
go through the usual newsgroups procedure for creating a moderated group,
if it isn't already.

Cheers,

Bruce

--
Bruce P. A. Dienes
Centre for Community and Enterprise Networking    (902)-539-4060 (w)