Joan Korenman <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 7 Mar 1994 15:53:09 -0500
        Earlier, Nikos George wrote:

>Your user must have sent more than 10 *wrong* commands to listserv and has
>been served out. To restore him, send a message to listserv with no subject
>and a line like : serve xxxxxxxx@ALBNERIC

        My impression is that all it takes to wind up "served out" is one
10-line message that's accidentally sent to listserv rather than to the
list.  Listserv interprets each line as a new command, and when it gets to
#10, BINGO!--the subscriber is served out.  I understand the reason for
having listserv serve people out, but I do wish that it were so arranged
that no more than three lines from any one message counted.  Thus, someone
would have to send at least four separate invalid messages to listserv
before the person was zapped.  Anyone can err once or twice--I think being
served out should be reserved for the Genuine Klutzes and Dunces.

        Joan Korenman, WMST-L Listowner   KORENMAN@UMBC
        Univ. of MD. Baltimore County     [log in to unmask]
        Baltimore, Maryland 21228-5398