Bob Kosovsky <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 8 Jun 2020 09:37:51 -0400
Hi folks,

For 24 years I ran a Listserv list.  When the host gave up on hosting last
year, he graciously gave me all the log files from those 24 years.

We're now using Google groups.  The subscribers want database access to
those 24 years of log files.  Currently the files are just sitting in a
Google drive and are unsuitable for searching.

To my thinking, we'd have to get someone (perhaps from this list :) ) to
build an independent database that can understand Listserv logfile
structure.  Some subscribers have already volunteered to pay an
independent contract to construct such a thing (we figure that with the
current unemployment rate, there must be people too willing to create a
database).

Are there other options?  How would people go about providing database
access?

Thanks for your ideas.

Bob Kosovsky, Ph.D. -- Librarian, Rare Books and Manuscripts,
Music & Recorded Sound Division, The New York Public Library
for the Performing Arts - Dorothy and Lewis B. Cullman Center
Listowner: OPERA-L ; SMT-ANNOUNCE ; SoundForge-users
-- My opinions do not necessarily represent those of my institutions --