Russell Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 2 Nov 2017 17:57:55 +0000
This isn't actually a LISTSERV question, but it occurred to me that list owners might have encountered this and have a solution.

Twice recently I've replied to postings on a list I subscribe to and had them rejected, with this error message.

	Your  posting to  the C18-L  list  has been  rejected because  it contains  an attachment of type 'IMAGE/JPEG'. The C18-L  list has been
	configured to reject such attachments.

I've been inspecting the messages (or, anyway, the most recent one) and I can't find any trace of an attached jpeg. I suspect that it's something to do with my mail client, which is Outlook (not my choice), running off the Web. It has the deplorable habit of attaching winmail.dat files to my mail, or burying pdfs in such files, which are unopenable unless your correspondent is also running Outlook. It also tends to pick up characteristics of emails you're replying to -- so although I've set my system to send text only, when I reply it seems to assume I want to emulate whatever I'm replying to.

However, the message I'm replying to can't very well have had an attached jpeg, or the list would have bounced it. Anybody else run into this? It strikes me as odd that I've not had any complaints about it from the lists I own. Or maybe it's happening only to me, and something I could fix.

-- Russ

Russ Hunt
Professor Emeritus of English
St. Thomas University