Mario Rups <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 Dec 1994 14:50:55 -0400
>    Has anyone else seen this? Is it legitimate? I refuse to pass it on to my
>list if it is indeed a scam to collect email addresses for a later spam. (I
>realize that I am not showing the true holiday spirit, but I worry about the
>use of the net for other purposes...).
>
>Anita Cohen-Williams; Reference Services; Hayden Library
>>Sun Microsystems is donating $0.10 to a food bank each time an Internet
>>funds should contact Luther Brown at <[log in to unmask]>. The

A friend of mine, who works at Sun Microsystems, says he hasn't heard about
this -- but, then, he doesn't claim to be omniscient.  I have sent a query
to elfmaster, but no response yet.

I, too, want to get this one stopped (if possible) before it gets out of
hand, if it's a hoax.  I'm getting Grinchily tired of spammers of all
descriptions, even where the intention is good ...

Mario Rups (occasionally known as Scrooge)