"James Milles, SLU Law Library" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Oct 1992 09:14:00 CST
Peter Kaminski already compiles a list of Internet access providers
called PDIAL (Public Dialup Internet Access List),
which he updates regularly and distributes to anyone who wants to me
on his e-mail list.

> From the Information Deli archive server (most up-to-date):
>    To receive the current edition of the PDIAL, send email with the subject
>    "Send PDIAL" to "[log in to unmask]".  To subscribe to a list
>    which receives future editions as they are published, send email with
>    the subject "Subscribe PDIAL" to "[log in to unmask]".  To
>   receive both the most recent and future editions, send both messages.

I also maintain a compilation of lists of Internet access providers, including
PDIAL.  Here is the first page, with the access information:

> INDIVIDUAL ACCESS TO INTERNET
> September 29, 1992
>
> Compiled by James Milles
> Saint Louis University Law Library
> (314) 658-2759
>

> Available via anonymous ftp
>  Host: liberty.uc.wlu.edu
>  Directory: /pub/lawlib
>  File: internet.access
>

> With thanks to all the people who helped me gather this information: Daniel P.
> Dern, Steve Foote, Czeslaw Jan Grycz, Walter Henry, Hae-young Rieh Hwang,
> Peter Kaminski, Ethan Katsh, Larry Landwehr, Don Lanier, Kristen Lofquist, Jay
> Marme', Mary Shearer, Ellen Sleeter, Patricia G. Smith, and Ermel Stepp.
>

> PART I     Public Dialup Internet Access List (PDIAL)
>
> PART II    NETWORK PROVIDER REFERRAL LIST, NSF Network Service Center
>            (NNSC)
>
> PART III   internet-access-providers-us.txt
>
> PART IV    nixpub long listing--Open Access UNIX (*NIX) Sites

I hope this helps.

James Milles <[log in to unmask]>
Head of Computer Services
Saint Louis University Law Library