Sierra Club Listmaster <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 11 Nov 2010 15:19:54 -0500
We recently had a user send in 110 subscription requests.  The anti-spoofing feature kicked in after the first 50 as expected.

While the documentation gives some information about the block, it's very vague on others.

What is the time period during which it counts attempts?  Is the limit 50 a day, or 50 an hour?

How long is the cooling off period?  The only references I've found say the user can start subscribing again 'after a certain period of time.'   Again, is it an hour, a day, a week?

In the case of our well meaning but overly ambitious user, is there a way a site admin can unblock a user?  Will the Serve command work?

I can understand why this information might be hidden, or even set up as a variable, to keep spammers from building an easy work around, but if not it would be nice to know.

Thanks,

Listmaster
Sierra Club