"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 15 Sep 1995 13:27:00 EDT
>I hoping for confirmation that I'm interpreting the following message
>correctly.  When the message reaches NDRESNET, Listserv looks at the From:

What LISTSERV?

Based on SHOW ALIAS MITVMA, DIG mitvma.mit.edu, DIG mit.edu,
and a test message to the LISTSERV@MITVMA, I do not see any
evidence that mitvma is any way related to mit.edu (other than
existing at the same institution (but not host)).

I checked the LISTSERV PEERS db and only found reference to MITVMA.
Also, please scan the original bounce: no reference to LISTSERV
in any of the message (including RECEIVED) lines.

>line, determines that Rich Graves <[log in to unmask]>
>is not subscribed, and so it goes to the Owner--Right?

Well, if it were LISTSERV, it would go to the list's definition
of the keyword ERRORS-TO: which is by default, but NOT always
POSTMASTER.  Depending upon who customized the list,
it might go to the indirect address of OWNER or OWNERS
(there's a difference).

--  co-owner INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
[log in to unmask] Welcome to the "Mmgt. By Groping Network" 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg. --   Penn State    -- University Park, PA 16802-1202 USA