"Michael S. Johnson" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 Dec 1994 21:59:08 -0800
Anita Cohen-Williams wrote...
>     Has anyone else seen this? Is it legitimate?

  I have been told that the following World Wide Web pages confirm the
story.  I am visiting them now:

        http://www.sun.com/events/santa/index.html
and
        http://north.pole.org/santa/about.html

  The first is, as indicated, at Sun Microsystems, and appears to
confirm the claim of the chain letter.  To "visit" these pages
requires a Web browser program such as Lynx (text-only), Mosaic or
Netscape, or some similar program, such as AIR Mosaic, which comes
with the Internet-in-a-Box product (this is FYI only, not a product
endorsement).

  I can not, of course, confirm if any money is being donated to
anyone through the action of reading these Web documents.

- Michael

[ Michael S. Johnson <[log in to unmask]> CS - Univ. of Washington ]
<    List Owner - the Hayao "Nausicaa" MIYAZAKI Discussion Group     >
[  home page URL: file://ftp.u.washington.edu/public/anime/msj.html  ]

P.S. Yes, I was also Chips & Hardware spammed.