Phillip Sollins <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Oct 1992 17:47:19 PST
 Hello -- I am seeing bizarre messages and bounces coming out of
 clvax1.cl.msu.edu -- (1) utterly personal messages between students on this
 computer are appearing on ecolog-L (I think inadvertently since some include
 a degree of obscenity that might be reasonable among individuals speaking
 privately to each other, but which would not likely be used in a public
 posting), (2) a note to the student posting one of the personal notes bounced
 as undeliverable, (3) bounced mail between people at this computer is showing
 up on my incoming mail, and (4) replies to a faculty colleague with an
 address on this machine are bouncing.  I tried forwarding some of this
 traffic to postmaster at this machine, but it all bounced.  Neither verify
 nor finger worked to identify an individual responsible for the machine.  I
 finally wrote to Lewis Greenberg who's listed in NIC as the Admin Contact for
 Mich State but have not received any reply. Copmments or suggestions anyone?
 Thanks.

 -- Phil Sollins (owner ots-L)

| Phillip Sollins             <[log in to unmask]>    |
| Associate Professor         <[log in to unmask]>        |
| Forest Science Dept.        <[log in to unmask]> |
| Oregon State Univ.           Tel: 503-737-6582            |
| Corvallis, OR 97331-5705     Fax: 503-737-1393            |