Melvin Klassen <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Nov 1994 10:10:10 PST
On Tue, 8 Nov 1994 22:13:22 -0400 Robert Ponterio <PONTERIOR@SNYCORVA> wrote:
> I would like the opinions of others about the REVIEW= list keyword.  We
> had set it to PRIVATE to allow only list subscribers to review the list
> but recently, after seeing a vendor subscribe to the list and then use
> review to generate a mailing list, I wonder about restricting review to
> the postmaster and owners.

Note that the 'REVIEW' command only listed the subscribers who didn't
take the time to use the 'SET <listname> CONCEAL' command.
So, in a way, the subscribers have to take some responsibility.

P.S. If the list is defined to have "notebooks", and these archives
     are searchable by subscribers, then any user who posts to the list
     is "exposing" his/her ID to all the subscribers.  A non-ethical subscriber
     can easily extract all the 'FROM:' lines, and generate a mailing-list.