Paul Maddox <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 09:00:54 +0100
Hi.

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Pete Weiss wrote:

> Running a list or any mail server on a dialup needs to be carefully
> thought-out.  Some mail transfer agent clients aren't good at dealing
> with queued email to a host that changes IP addresses frequently e.g.,
> VM/CMS.  That's assuming that your IP address does change.

Both my box, and the ISPs run Linux. Basically, my mail is stored by my
ISPs MX for my subdomain, which is then sent to me when I connect. I have
a dynamic IP (which is inconvienient for other reasons), but this causes
no problem, if the box is connected, email flows in and out of the box the
same as it would being constantly connected.

Paul.

--
Sent from darksky.zetnet.co.uk, running Linux 2.0.33. sendmail 8.8.8.
Listserver online!: [log in to unmask],  body="help"

 The programmers of old were mysterious and profound. We cannot fathom
 their thoughts, so all we do is describe their appearance.