Fri, 21 Dec 2001 08:51:39 -0600
On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, Dennis wrote:
> When I did a REV list by country the program wrote (along with all
> the other names of countries) "Republic of Morocco" and Morocco is a
> kingdom. That is the point.

Ahh, well, now it seems to be *your* complaint, that *you* don't like
the output of rev by country.  That is *not* what you indicated
previously.  You indicated that "Morocco" complained about when you
did a rev by country, which you now indicate was not the case.

If your point is that if the manner in which 'Morocco' is reported is
wrong, well, my point is come out and say that, rather than indicating
that 'Morocco' complained when you did a rev by country; tell LSOFT that
the designation for 'Morocco' is wrong, and why, in so many words, rather
saying you were "mildly rebuked" (who rebuked you?) by 'Morocco' when you
did a rev by country (if you were, your site has a serious security
problem).

I couldn't care less whether 'Morocco' is a kingdom, a republic, a black
hole or a colony of the twelfth planet;  rev by country is not intended
to be a political primer.  If you don't like the output of  rev by country
complain directly to LSOFT about it;  ain't none of us listowners who can
change it.  And do please be explicit, rather than engaging in this having
received a mild rebuke garbage.

I know the form of rev by country output and, well, if it designates a
country as a democracy rather than a peoples'democratic republic it really
doesn't bother me; I know the area designated, which is what I want to
know.   For the pupose of the command, the politics of the region is
irrelevant.         Douglas