Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 9 Feb 1995 15:26:03 +0100
On Wed, 8 Feb 1995 19:07:41 -0600 Winship <[log in to unmask]> said:

>As to the filters, I think it would be great to be able to keep them out
>of the review output, but I think  this has come up before and Eric said
>he couldn't do it without  rewriting everything, or something like that.
>The list  password doesn't  show up  with review,  though, so  why can't
>something similar be done with filter? Would be nice.

The list password doesn't show - never ever. The "Owner=" field does show
up and you  normally do want it  to show up, same with  "Filter=". So you
first need  a mechanism  to tell LISTSERV  that you want  to hide  in, or
parts of it,  and which parts. Once that  is in place you need  to do the
same thing as with  the PW= command: merge in the  password that had been
hidden with  the rest  of the  header where  the owner  does a  PUT. This
becomes very interesting when only part of the header has been hidden and
you decide that you want to modify  the hidden part. The "PW=" keyword is
just one word, it is either present or absent.

  Eric