Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 4 May 1997 15:00:16 -0600
At 07:07 PM 5/3/97 -0400, you wrote:

>The case of the list name and/or server is important if users and
>list owner's are using filters that are case sensitive.

Yes the name is important.  But since you know it will always be case
sensitive, no big deal....just put it in that way.

>Plus one can invest a lot of time into creating an aesthetically pleasing
>look to the list.  Details are important.

    What looks good to you looks ugly to me.  And vice versa.  In art, in
layout, in text composition, in music, etc, etc.  I'll agree that TEXT in
ALL CAPS is hard to read.  But for the name of the list, 8 characters is
hardly a crisis.  Besides, as has already been pointed out it has been
optimized for the server, and I'd much rather save load on the CPU than
please one or to prima donas who don't like the way it looks.  If they
can't stand it (and I've never heard of such a complaint in running a dozen
lists of pretty large size and high traffic for seven years), they can do
just what they can if they don't like how I manage the list.  They go START
THEIR OWN DAMN LIST.

cyclops

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus, 1534