Debra Douglass <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 21:46:31 -0500
On 4/29/2003, FL Defenders of the Environment wrote:
 >>On two occasions in the last month we have tried to download our list of
 >>members. (Using REVIEW listname) I also sent a separate email requesting
 >>list of any members with conceal (QUERY listname FOR *@* WITH CONCEAL).
 >>
 >>I got no reply and no error message.
 >>In the meantime we have been posting to the list as usual.
 >>Any ideas what could be going wrong?

I had a similar problem a couple of months ago. All command responses
and all bounce messages just stopped one day but the list traffic
continued.  I contacted the Listserv manager and he discovered that my
ISP was bouncing messages with 'Return-Path' of '<>' (according to
RFC821, all OK/Confirm cookie msgs are -required- to be send with
RFC821 MAIL FROM:<>).  Listserv command responses and other
administrative messages (like bounce messages) are formatted this way.
I opened a ticket with my ISP and they fixed it on their end (after
futzing around trying to deny that their latest spam-prevention method
was faulty).

-Debra

|Debra Douglass          [log in to unmask]     http://www.catrio.org|