"Geert K. Marien" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 8 Feb 1995 10:44:03 EST
On Wed, 8 Feb 1995 08:12:00 CST Brick Verser said:
>How does one determine which of many hundreds of userids subscribed to a
>list is responsible for forwarding email to a now-non-existant userid@host
>which bears no relation at all to any of the subscribers?

   Most people  just send mail  out to  all people individually  and see
what happens, but, I prefer to look  at the headers and see where it has
been.  This usually gives me a good  idea which site sent it on.  I have
had this happen maybe 10 times a year since 1988, and I have never had a
problem figuring it out with a little detective work.  This is much more
preferable than sending mail to everyone on the list, IMO.

   Anyone who needs help with these things  is welcome to contact me - I
actually *like* it :-).

**  Geert K. Marien : [log in to unmask]  (Bitnet: GKMQC@PUCC)  **
**   ListOwner: AIRLINE, NODEINFO, RAILROAD, STAMPS, The INDIA List   **
**    (All contents are my own opinions - unless otherwise stated)    **