"Dwight K. Lemke" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 12 Nov 1994 19:02:47 -0500
I have a potential solution for Roger Burns' dilemma.  Roger, you need to
combine PGP with listserv.  Now, this isn't very elegant, but it will work.
First, get yourself a copy of PGP public key encryption program.  Put it
on a floppy and create both private and public key.  Now, duplicate and
distribute that disk via snail mail to each subscriber on your list.

Now, just set up your list as usual.  Each person posting to the list
must use the public key to encrypt their message.  Anyone in possession
of a disk mailed to them by you with the private key, will be able to
decrypt and read the message--and of course, the NSA.  But, you now have
good, but not perfect, security for your mailing list.

-Dwight

--
|<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<| St. Francis Xavier University
                                   <Finger for PGP public key>