Dennis Budd <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 09:50:09 -0500
On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Chris Barnes wrote:

>Dennis Budd wrote:
>> Well I was wrong.  Eudora *will* let you edit a "bounced" message
>> (Eudora calls it "redirecting" the message).  It was something else it
>> wouldn't let me do in the process that I didn't like, but that's not
>> really relevant here.  I remembered wrong.
>

>Does it still add the text "by way of your-name" to the From line?

Yes.  And it won't let you modify the From: line to take that text
out.

*That* was the thing I didn't like about using Eudora for this.  I got
my memory screwed up when I wrote that Eudora wouldn't let you modify
the message text, when not being able to modify *this* was what I had
encountered instead.

I didn't push things far enough to determine whether you could kludge
around this by going outside Eudora to directly edit the headers of
outgoing queued messages.

>Also, is this Eudora PRO or Eudora Lite?

Eudora Pro.

I don't remember whether Eudora Lite does "redirects"  (I don't think
it does), but it certainly doesn't do alternate personalities.

Dennis