Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 18 Dec 2007 00:48:47 -0500
On 12/17/2007 6:43 PM, Michele Francis wrote:
> Thank you all who helped with the signature ignore item!
>
> Maybe this should go to the lstsrv-l list,
> I was attempting to make a public address of @lists.nau.edu
> and I used the go files and sitecfg, but on one item in the mail headers
> it still shows as the real hostname.  I have gone thru both the lstown-l
> and lstsrv-l archives to find an answer.  Most of the headers
> information does reference @lists.nau.edu but the main TO:
> @realhostdomain is still referenceing the hostname.  Any clues anyone?.
> Thank you.

Odds are the mail server software on the server is rewriting the hostname
portion of the address to match the server's real hostname. This is a mail
server configuration issue; it is not a list configuration issue. If you
are not the server administrator, you need to raise this issue with the
server administrator. If you are the server administrator, you may need to
reconfigure the mail server software to specify 'lists.nau.edu' as a
virtual hostname for the server. Details vary, depending on the mail server
software in use.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team