Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 08:50:20 -0400
At 18:32 07/30/2002 Tuesday, Vosswinkel, Kerry wrote:
 >I seem to remember reading something to the effect that when you send the
 >same message to multiple lists that are hosted on the same server, and a
 >person is subscribed to more than one of those lists, Listserv is smart
 >enough to send only one copy of the message, instead of the user getting the
 >same message from all the lists?  Am I dreaming?

Sort of: duplicate messages are sent to the same same subscriber on
multiple lists when sent to multiple lists.  Dups are NOT sent when the
same userid@host is part of multiple sub-lists (that's a particular
LISTSERV construct defined withing the list headers and setable by the
listserv-maintainer (not owner).

/Pete