Kevin Brunson <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 25 Sep 1995 12:01:43 EST
In a private reply I was told that an extra space following each ">" was
the source of the problem.  My next question is, then, is Listserv
"correctly" balking by some standard (RFC822?) or is it a design
feature?  The sender gave me an indigant reply when I pointed out the
source of the problem (although I did not know exactly why) claiming his
mail format conformed to international standards.  He went further to say

"Please note that looking in the message body for header lines VIOLATES RFC822"

I've come to learn that Eric is very conscientious about his product's design
and would not violate a standard.

On Mon, 25 Sep 95 08:15:54 EST I said:
>Why would Listserv find illegal header lines in the body of this message?
>Literally, there are no lines "Sender:", "From:"  or "Reply-To:"  pointing
>to the list.  And the header lines that do appear are prefixed with ">".
>
>      =============================================================
>The enclosed message, found in the CAPP3801 mailbox and shown under the spool
>ID 1992 in the  system log, has been identified as  a possible delivery error
>notice  for the  following reason:  "Sender:", "From:"  or "Reply-To:"  field
>pointing to the list has been found in mail body.

>> Date: Thu, 21 Sep 1995 11:41:25 -0400
>> From: EMeyer <[log in to unmask]>
>> To: Multiple recipients of list CAPP3801 <[log in to unmask]>
>> Subject: HTML Tutorial