Thu, 22 Sep 2005 18:02:16 -0500
Maureen:
  I don't know that LISTERV has ever actually supported usenet/LISTSERV
(what Nathan Brindle used to call "uselessnet") infterfaces.  There has
been for a long time a hack for doing it, but I don't know that
LISTSERV/LSOFT has ever supported it.

I know the problems you are talking about with a gateway as one of my
lists, for about 6 months, had a usenet/netnews gateway (*I* didn't set it
up, a former co-onwer did, without mentioning it in advance, and I hit the
roof about it, and then dealt with all the nasty gateway garbage).  I also
know your list, as I ran it for a month or so for you.

Perhaps it is time, Maureen, to make a decision.  Is your list going to
be a LISTSERV list, or a usenet/netnews bulletin board?

The old arguments about the difficulty, or impossibility, or expense,
of gaining Internet access no longer hold.

I think you need to make a decision about this.

Douglas Winship      [log in to unmask]