Dan Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 2 Jul 1994 17:15:26 -0500
Alex Rudd <[log in to unmask]> said:

> I've got two lists set up like this:

> *  Send= Editor
> *  Editor= AHRJJ@CUNYVM
> *  Editor= (listname)

> This, of course, allows all subscribers to post without going through
> me.  My question is, is there a way to exclude individual subscribers
> so that their posts DO have to go through me?  Ethical considerations
> aside, if there is a way to do it I would view it as an intermediate
> step between treating someone as a normal subscriber and as someone
> who belongs in my Filter list.

Yes, there is a "trick" that allows you to do this, but it has
some undesirable side effects.

Suppose you have a subscriber with this address: [log in to unmask]
and you'd like to review his postings before they are
distributed.  Send these commands:

quiet del [log in to unmask]
quiet add [log in to unmask]

Grumpy won't know the difference--he still gets the list messages
forwarded to him by cunyvm.cuny.edu.  But the LISTSERVer thinks
that he is not a subscriber and forwards his messages to you for
review.

The bad side effect shows up when Grumpy tries to signoff--he
finds that he can't.

                          Peace,  Dan

<<  Daniel D. Wheeler          Internet:  [log in to unmask]  >>
<<  University of Cincinnati     Bitnet:  wheeler@ucbeh       >>