Sat, 6 Jul 1996 01:32:57 -0500
> Is there any way that you can make 'quiet' the default on adds and deletes
> so there is no way that the list members will get notification; disable
> the greetings?

I don't think so, other than having a stock "quiet add" file and a quiet
delete file which you read in and add the address, and name for the adds.
I must confess I'm *really* curious as to why you want "quiet" to be a
default for owner generated commands.

As to the messages, a lot of them can be edited (the MAILTPL stuff) and
some of them you can make empty, so no message is sent.  Keep in mind,
though, that if you do that the messages will *never* be sent, even if
you want them, because they do not exist.

What's wrong with starting off the command with Q   ?

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L