Hal Keen <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 12 Sep 2017 12:05:48 -0500
From Michael Crocker:
> In the nearly 20 years I've been supporting Listserv here, "oWhy didn't I
> get a copy of the message I sent" has been my single most-frequent
> question aside from how to set a password. From a service desk deflection
> point of view, setting DEFAULT-OPTIONS=NOACK,REPRO  for all newly-created
> lists was a pretty big win.

I can understand that! It's certainly a good choice for defaults, and it's
the one I've been using since the IEEE began using Listserv in 2004.

But I'm not writing about default options. I'm writing about nonsupport for
the ACK and REPRO combination in the Web-page interface. It would be a whole
lot easier to deal with Gmail's odd behavior--especially since Google is now
taking over email service for other domains using the same base software--if
I could just advise people to
   (1) set themselves up with a login to the server, and then
   (2) use it to set that particular combination.

But Listserv's Web interface doesn't allow it. Users can set ACK there only
by also setting NOREPRO, which means that if they change email addresses,
they still won't see their own posts until they change again. We can use
commands to get around that, but then the setting combination appears on the
Web page as "obsolete."

I'd really like to see full support for ACK REPRO in the Web interface.

Hal Keen