"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 9 Jul 1996 14:22:03 -0500
Sandy Barnes <[log in to unmask]> wrote..
> Is there any way that you can make 'quiet' the default on adds and deletes
> so there is no way that the list members will get notification; disable
> the greetings?

At least on VM versions of LISTSERV, you may edit the list templates to
achieve this.  For example, I have some lists that are used for
authorizations (of other lists).  An example of such a template is
shown below:

   >>> INFO Information about the &LISTNAME list
   &LISTNAME is private.  Please leave me alone.
   >>> SIGNUP1
   .QQ
   >>> ADDMOD2
   .QQ
   >>> SETINFO
   .QQ
   >>> ADD1
   .QQ
   >>> DELETE1
   .QQ

When you make a change on this list, LISTSERV will tell you (at
least through 1.8b) that the subscriber was notified, but because the
template ("listname MAILTPL" on VM) specifies ".QQ", nothing will be
sent.

Hope this helps,

Wayne T. Smith               internet: [log in to unmask]
Systems Group -- CAPS        University of Maine System